Administrative Case Manager-Full time position
Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in sociology, social work, psychology, criminal justice, counseling or a related field. A high school diploma and 12 semester credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, counseling or other social sciences plus 2 years in direct contact with mental health consumers. Valid driver’s license required. Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) are a plus.
- In a flexible and creative manner, respond to the needs of consumers and potential consumers both in an office setting (approximately 70% of the time) and in the community (approximately 30%)
- Assess needs, and provide information and referral for behavioral health and other human services (including health insurance applications) to consumers and their families.
- Arrange for the provision of emergency services including food, shelter, hospitalization, transportation and other basic needs.
- Provide on-site and community-based support for new consumers awaiting assignment to agency programs including recovery coaching, and follow up for consumers discharged from these services.
- Advocate for consumers and collaborate with other community agencies, such as DPA, social security, Mental Health Association of SE PA., other MH/MR agencies etc. in meeting the needs of the consumers.
- Serve as the agency’s primary liaison and follow-up coordinator throughout the behavioral health commitment process
- Assist psychiatrists, therapists, and recovery coaches in arranging for hospitalizations.
- Assist psychiatrists in completing care plans as needed.
- Complete Crisis Prevention and other trainings as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow CDC guidelines and agency protocols for COVID-19
In accordance with state regulations, all prospective employees and contractors must make available for photocopy, the original of their Federal Criminal History Record (DHS FBI Background Check), PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance prior to a job offer being extended.
To apply to this position, please email resume to Emily Fenerty at [email protected]
*Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider