Certified Peer Specialist-Career Center for our Norristown and Abington offices.
Central Behavioral Health has created a multifaceted Peer Support Team (PST) which provides recovery oriented services for adults 18 years and older with serious mental health or Co-occurring challenges. Currently, we have a full time Career Center CPS position available on the team for an energetic person with lived experience to provide support and assistance to individuals pursuing educational or vocational goals.
This is a Full-time, salaried position with benefits. Hours 8:30-4:30 M-F
Brief Description of Duties:
- Model partnership in Recovery with all Central consumers, staff and all persons with whom contact is made, as a Central employee.
- Model the understanding that the Peer Specialist is an equal member of the “team” that partners with program participants, staff and others in the process of recovery.
- Engage individuals to help them understand and access the supports available to them as part of a community based program.
- Help individuals identify their goals, and steps to meet their goals while imparting hope through the sharing of your personal recovery experience.
- Responsible for completing required documentation.
- Assist individuals with career/educational search and develop strategies to maintain health and wellness.
- High School diploma/GED – Associates or Bachelors preferred
- Current State Board Certified Peer Specialist certification is required.
- Driver’s license with clean record is required.
- Strong computer skills
- Participate in required career center training
**Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider
Contact Toni Ryan at 610) 277-4600 x162 or [email protected]