Certified Peer Specialist-Career Center for our Norristown and Abington offices.
We are looking for a Certified Peer Specialist to join our growing multifaceted Peer Support Team (PST). As a member of our team you would provide recovery oriented services for adults 18 years and older with serious mental health and/or co-occurring challenges. We are looking for an energetic person to join our team with lived experience. As a member of our PST you will provide support and assistance to individuals pursuing educational or vocational goals.
This is a Full-time, salaried position with great benefits. Hours 8:30-4:30 M-F
Brief Description of Duties:
- Model partnership in Recovery with all Central consumers, staff and all persons with whom contact is made, as a Central employee.
- Model the understanding that the Peer Specialist is an equal member of the “team” that partners with program participants, staff and others in the process of recovery.
- Engage individuals to help them understand and access the supports available to them as part of a community based program.
- Help individuals identify their goals, and steps to meet their goals while imparting hope through the sharing of your personal recovery experience.
- Responsible for completing required documentation.
- Assist individuals with career/educational search and develop strategies to maintain health and wellness.
- High School diploma/GED – Associates or Bachelors preferred
- Must hold Current State Board Certified Peer Specialist certification
- Driver’s license with clean record is required.
- Strong computer skills
- Participate in required career center training
**Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider
Contact Toni Ryan at 610) 277-4600 x162 or [email protected]