Must have one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree with Major course work in sociology, social work, psychology, criminal justice, couseling.
- Be a registered nurse or
- A high school diploma & 12 semester credit hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, counseling or other social sciences plus 2 years in direct contact with mental health consumers.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Position Overview: Provides flexible, community-based services that are designed to promote the empowerment, recovery, and community integration of adults who have serious mental health challenges by partnering with them to direct their own recovery and advocacy process, by coaching and supporting the acquisition and utilization of skills needed to facilitate the individual’s recovery, and in linking to available services and resources, including informal supports. The recovery coach will assure that services are individualized, strengths and needs based, culturally sensitive and responsive, and goal driven.
- Partnering with identified consumers to assist, encourage, and support their recovery through ongoing assessments, including recovery and prevention plans, strengths-assessments and other recovery tools
- Collaborating with treatment team, including therapists, program coordinators, psychiatrists, wellness recovery team, peer support and other stakeholders providing the best possible team approach to recovery
- Linking to community and other resources and to support individuals in identifying and accessing formal and informal resources independently
- Assisting consumers in obtaining and maintaining housing
- Maintaining production rates to meet the program’s expectations
- Completing documentation and other paperwork in a timely and professional manner as well as to comply with Central’s standards and state licensing requirements
- Promoting the recovery philosophy in our daily activities
- Follow CDC guidelines and agency protocols for COVID-19 in our daily work
Clearances: In accordance with state regulations, all prospective new employees/contractors must make available for photocopy the original of their Federal Criminal History Record (DHS FBI Background Check), PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance prior to a job offer being extended
*Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider