20th June, 2019
Certified Peer Specialist – Career Center Abington
Central Behavioral Health is seeking a Full time Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) for our Career Center in Abington, Pa. Central’s Career Center team prides itself on encouraging, empowering, and instilling self-advocacy within everyone who enters our doors. As part of our team, this position will work with consumers as they explore career choices and/or educational goals. If challenges are experienced along the way, wellness tools will be developed so consumers can feel empowered to conquer any challenge. As part of our Career Center Team this position will support our consumers along their career and recovery journey every step of the way.
Full time salaried position with benefits.
Hours 8:00-4:00 M-F
Brief Description of Duties:
- Engage consumers to help them understand and access possible available supports
- Assist consumers in identifying their current needs, goals, while imparting hope through the sharing of your personal recovery experience
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with local employment to increase opportunities for consumers
- Partner with consumers in achieving self-advocacy
- Develop WRAP/Crisis Plans with consumers upon request
- Keep appropriate records and documentation of engagement and provide reports regularly
- Engage individuals to help them understand and access the possible supports which are available to them as part of a community based program.
High School diploma/GED is required.
Current certification in Peer Specialist Services needed.
Associates, Bachelors, or Masters a plus.
Previous or Current participation in the MH system as a recipient of service.
Driver’s license with acceptable driving history is required.
In accordance with state regulations, all prospective new employees/contractors must make available for photocopy the original of their Federal Criminal History Record (DHS FBI Background Check), PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance prior to a job offer being extended.
Current Central employees/contractors will not have to provide current clearances as clearances on file are renewable every 5 years.
**Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider
Contact Toni Ryan at 610) 277-4600 x163 or [email protected].