If you haven’t scheduled an appointment yet please check out our Contact Us page for a list of phone numbers and addresses for our various programs and locations. Once you have scheduled an appointment for your initial clinical assessment, here are a few tips that will help you make the process a success.
- Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. This will allow time for parking the car if necessary, checking in and preparing for the appointment.
- Please be sure to have your insurance/ACCESS card with you and be ready to present it to the receptionist. Also, please be prepared to provide any co-pay that might be required by your insurance company.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please call 610-279-9270 to cancel as soon as possible. Please ask to speak to the Intake Department or press option 2 in order to re-schedule your appointment. If you are scheduled to be seen at the Abington office, please call 267-818-2220 and press option 2.
- If the therapist should call out sick on the day of your appointment, Central will call you as soon as we are made aware of the need to cancel your appointment. If you are scheduled for a 9:00 AM appointment, it is possible that you may be on your way before we can reach you by telephone. Should this occur Central will make every effort to have you meet with another clinical staff member in order for your assessment to take place that day.
- If your contact information changes, please make staff aware of the change. It is important that we have your current telephone number.
- While we understand that situations do arise that prevent you from keeping an appointment, we will not be able to schedule an appointment with you if you have missed two appointments in a row. Staff will ask that you come in to sit and wait until a clinical staff member is able to complete your assessment.
- If you are scheduled for a clinical assessment and are already taking medications, please be sure to bring your medication bottles with you to the appointment. In addition, if you are recently discharged from a psychiatric inpatient hospital, please bring any discharge paperwork and discharge medication list with you to the appointment. If you know that you will be out of medication before your scheduled appointment, please inform the intake worker and therapist.
Requests for Medical Records: All you need to know
- If you would like to receive a copy of your medical records, please complete a Request to Access Protected Health Information form. Form # 343-Request to Access Protected Health Information Revised Draft If you would like to view a sample of the completed form, please click the following link. Sample Completed Request for Records
- If you would like to request a letter regarding your treatment, please complete a Request to Access Protected Health Information form. Form # 343-Request to Access Protected Health Information Revised Draft If you would like to view a sample of the completed form, please click the following link. Sample Completed Request for Letter
- If you would like Central staff to communicate with or send copies of your records to someone outside of the agency, (for example your family doctor, lawyer or probation officer), please complete a Confidential Release of Information form. Confidential Release of Information Paper If you would like to view a sample of the completed form, please click the following link. Sample Completed Confidential ROI Please note that your records may contain information related to mental health, substance abuse, and HIV status. Please be sure to check all three boxes when completing the release if you would like copies of your clinical assessment, psychiatric evaluation, and/or progress notes to be released.
Please note that we will attempt to complete your request as quickly as possible, but it may take up to 30 days to process your request. We appreciate your patience! If your request is needed by a specific date, please indicate this on the form. If you have any questions regarding completing any of the forms or the status of your request, please contact the Medical Records Coordinator at 610-277-4600, option one, extension 198, or email email@example.com.
Please return completed forms to our office at 1100 Powell Street, Norristown, PA 19401. The completed forms may also be faxed to 610-275-0216 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a form that needs to be completed by Central staff, please drop the form off at the front desk at the office location where you attend your appointments.