If you haven’t scheduled an appointment yet please check out our Contact Us page for a list of phone numbers and addresses for our various programs and locations. Once you have scheduled an appointment for your initial clinical assessment, here are a few tips that will help you make the process a success.
- Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. This will allow time for parking the car if necessary, checking in and preparing for the appointment.
- Please be sure to have your insurance/ACCESS card with you and be ready to present it to the receptionist. Also, please be prepared to provide any co-pay that might be required by your insurance company.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please call 610-279-9270 to cancel as soon as possible. Please ask to speak to the Intake Department or press option 2 in order to re-schedule your appointment. If you are scheduled to be seen at the Abington office, please call 267-818-2220 and press option 2.
- If the therapist should call out sick on the day of your appointment, Central will call you as soon as we are made aware of the need to cancel your appointment. If you are scheduled for a 9:00 AM appointment, it is possible that you may be on your way before we can reach you by telephone. Should this occur Central will make every effort to have you meet with another clinical staff member in order for your assessment to take place that day.
- If your contact information changes, please make staff aware of the change. It is important that we have your current telephone number.
- While we understand that situations do arise that prevent you from keeping an appointment, we will not be able to schedule an appointment with you if you have missed two appointments in a row. Staff will ask that you come in to sit and wait until a clinical staff member is able to complete your assessment.
- If you are scheduled for a clinical assessment and are already taking medications, please be sure to bring your medication bottles with you to the appointment. In addition, if you are recently discharged from a psychiatric inpatient hospital, please bring any discharge paperwork and discharge medication list with you to the appointment. If you know that you will be out of medication before your scheduled appointment, please inform the intake worker and therapist.