Feeling sad or depressed? Do you find yourself worrying about the future or feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Going through a major life transition? Our team of therapists can provide the assistance that you need during this difficult time.
Central’s Outpatient Program offers mental health and co-occurring services to adults, children and families who live primarily in the eastern and central Montgomery County area. Services include a comprehensive intake evaluation, integrated mental health and co-occurring treatment, crisis and emergency intervention, psychiatric evaluations and pharmacological management. Treatment modalities include individual, couples, family and group therapy, as well as, medication management. We also have an Administrative Case Manager on site to offer individuals additional assistance with locating resources, completing forms and applications, and presenting additional referrals based on the specific need addressed. Treatment is provided on a voluntary basis and utilizes a strengths based approach to address all issues.
Our therapists and counselors use various evidence based treatment approaches including cognitive-behavioral techniques, brief psychotherapy, and behavior modification. Medication, if needed, is prescribed by a psychiatrist who generally sees clients on a monthly basis. We also offer “open access” therapy times where a therapist or counselor is available for individuals on a “walk in” basis. Once in treatment, an integrated strengths based treatment plan is formed by the therapist and client to specifically address each person’s unique needs and goals.
- To assist people with less severe behavioral health and co-occurring concerns return to their normal level of functioning.
- To help people in crisis return to more stabilized functioning.
- To assist individuals improve coping strategies and management of life transitions and stressors.
- To improve individuals level of functioning and overall quality of life.
- To assist persons with mental health and co-occurring issues strengthen their resources so that they may remain in the community.
Effective March 9, 2020: Missed Appointment and Cancelation Procedures 2020
Hours of Operation:
1201 DeKalb Street
Monday – Thursday 9am – 8pm
Friday – 9am – 5pm
2500 Maryland Road, Dixon Building Suite 130
Monday and Tuesday 9am -7pm
Wednesday through Friday 9am – 5pm