The Senior Care Case Management Team, a collaborative effort between Montgomery County Office of Aging and Adult Services and Central Montgomery MH/MR Center, provides services for individuals aged sixty and over who have mental health and/or substance abuse needs and live in Montgomery County. The programs’ goal is to provide emotional and resource support for seniors in need, through relationship building with Senior Adult Activity Centers, subsidized project-based housing providers, and local social service organizations that can assist in providing support to our consumers.
- Providing outreach to older adults who may be homebound or in need of mental health services.
- Providing resource connections for seniors.
- Educating individuals and facilities as to available mental health support services.
- To eliminate or postpone the need for long term institutional placement
- To promote a sense of independence, hope, meaningful life, and well being within the consumers
- To create an ongoing network of community support services
- To honor the choices and nurture the dreams of the consumer by looking beyond illness management
- To advocate for and connect a person to supports.
- Two Senior Care Case Managers
- Support from Central’s Senior Outreach Services (SOS Team)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker