The Behavioral Health Professional (who holds a minimum of a Master’s degree) will work directly with individuals who experience serious mental illness in the role of a “Behavioral Health Navigator.” The Behavioral Health Navigator will work in collaboration with a Clinical Nurse Navigator as part of a “Navigator Team.”
The Navigator Team (shared caseload) provides clinical services, congruent with the Recovery Model, that facilitate integration of Behavioral Health and Physical Health services.
This position is full time, salaried with benefits working 37.5 hours per week at the Abington location.
- Master’s degree is required
- Experience mental health preferred as the individual will be utilizing their entire body of knowledge in providing integrated care.
- Must be able to work independently
- Demonstrated experience working in collaborative care models.
- Experience with health and wellness/preventive care programs.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to serve persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of MS Word and comfort with typing are required
- Willingness to complete various certificate and competency courses after employment (for example, Primary Care Behavioral Health, Co-occurring Competency Training, Webinars, etc.).
Description of Duties
- Conduct initial assessments and enrollment into the program including a detailed history and provide education about the program and the goals and expectations of treatment.
- Conduct, collect, and/or analyze bio psychosocial assessments of consumers, including completion of formal assessment tools and outcome measures.
- Active participation in all outcome measurements and other QI activities within the program.
- Serve as a consultant to consumers, family, behavioral health, primary care, and other medical offices in the community.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between the consumer, primary care physician and psychiatrist. Provide recommendations for changes in the treatment plan.
- Conduct a variety of wellness and preventive care programs such as smoking cessation, nutrition, etc.
- Monitor consumers closely (in person or by phone) for changes in severity of symptoms and medication side effects. Educate consumers about medications and their side effects, as needed; encourage treatment adherence. Screen for other medical conditions as clinically indicated.
- Skilled in Motivational Interviewing and SBIRT.
- Foster cooperative relationships among the diverse professional disciplines within the program and community to facilitate overall professional growth and the application of new knowledge.
- Complete service docs thoroughly in the DAP format.
- Support all aspects of consumer driven recovery efforts.
- Attend all necessary trainings and weekly/monthly meetings.
- Participate in treatment team meetings and assist in developing integrated care plans.
- Must follow CDC guidelines and agency protocols for COVID-19 in our daily work
In accordance with state regulations, all prospective employees must provide a copy of their Federal Criminal History Record (DHS FBI Background Check), PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance prior to a job offer being extended.
Contact Eileen Curley at 610-279-9270 Ext. 223 or email [email protected]
* Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider