The School Based Therapist will collaborate with teachers, school district staff, and parents to provide adequate support, individual therapy, and group counseling to students in need within the contracted school district.
This is a Monday through Friday 37.5 hour per week position over the school year (10 months). Additional hours available outside of the school year.
· Paid Time off (accrued starting at 27 days- vacation & sick time), 7 standard holidays plus up to 2 floating holidays- initial based on hire date- additional days added through years of service
· Retirement Plan
· Health Care (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
· No Cost Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
· Ancillary Benefit Options
· Expanded Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Identity Theft Protection
· Travel Assistance Services
· Employee Discount Programs
· Professional Development
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Our agency qualifies as an employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
· Licensure Supervision Program
· Referral Bonus
**Eligibility Requirements may apply
· Provide school-based individual or group therapy sessions to identified students.
· Crisis counseling for students as needed
· Make referrals for appropriate supportive services.
· Provide professional development and consultation to school staff
· Ability to participate in the Extended School Year program
· Maintain all required documentation
1) A Master’s Degree from an accredited program in an area of human services, sociology, political science, criminal justice, pastoral counseling, education, or other related fields.
2) Proof of Practicum with an official transcript.
3) Experience working with children and adolescents preferred
In accordance with state regulations, all prospective new employees/contractors must make available for photocopy the original of their Federal Criminal History Record (DHS FBI Background Check), PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance prior to a job offer being extended.
*Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider