As a Behavioral Health Navigator, you will work directly with individuals navigating serious mental illness. You will work in collaboration with a Clinical Nurse Navigator as part of a “Navigator Team.” to deliver clinical services aligned with the Recovery Model. Your efforts will drive the seamless integration of Behavioral Health and Physical Health services.
Central is a dedicated nonprofit organization committed to providing mental health services to the community for 75 years. Our mission is to empower individuals to overcome behavioral health challenges and lead fulfilling lives. We operate outpatient programs and community-based programs for all ages focused on delivering accessible and compassionate care to diverse populations.
- Full-time, 37.5 hours/week with flexible scheduling to support consumers’ needs.
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- No Cost Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Ancillary Benefit Options
- Paid Time off (accrued starting at 27 days- vacation & sick time), 7 standard holidays plus up to 2 floating holidays- initial based on hire date- additional days added through years of service
- Expanded Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Identity Theft Protection
- Travel Assistance Services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognized employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus
** Eligibility Requirements may apply
- Conduct initial assessments and enrollment into the program including a detailed history and provide education about the program and the goals and expectations of treatment.
- Conduct, collect, and/or analyze bio psychosocial assessments of consumers, including completion of formal assessment tools and outcome measures.
- Active participation in all outcome measurements and other QI activities within the program.
- Serve as a consultant to consumers, family, behavioral health, primary care, and other medical offices in the community.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between the consumer, primary care physician and psychiatrist. Provide recommendations for changes in the treatment plan.
- Conduct a variety of wellness and preventive care programs such as smoking cessation, nutrition, etc.
- Monitor consumers closely (in person or by phone) for changes in severity of symptoms and medication side effects. Educate consumers about medications and their side effects, as needed; encourage treatment adherence. Screen for other medical conditions as clinically indicated.
- Skilled in Motivational Interviewing and SBIRT.
- Foster cooperative relationships among the diverse professional disciplines within the program and community to facilitate overall professional growth and the application of new knowledge.
- Complete service docs thoroughly in the DAP format.
- Support and actively engage in consumer-driven recovery efforts, contributing to treatment team meetings and assisting in developing integrated care plans.
- Attend all necessary trainings and weekly/monthly meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- Preferred experience in mental health, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge for providing integrated care.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience working in collaborative care models, with experience in health and wellness/preventive care programs.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and capability in serving individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word and typing skills.
- Willingness to pursue various certificate and competency courses post-employment (e.g., Primary Care Behavioral Health, Co-occurring Competency Training, Webinars, etc.).
In accordance with state regulations, all prospective new employees/contractors must provide originals for photocopy of their Federal Criminal History Record (DHS FBI Background Check), PA Criminal Background Check, and PA Child Abuse Clearance before commencing the offered position.
Central Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Care Provider